Published On: Wed, Apr 24th, 2019

Russia news: Boy, 2, fights for life after grandfather ‘saw devil’ and threw him into oven | World | News

Share This
Tags


The unnamed man, 53, is said to have grabbed the two-year-old and thrown him into the red-hot furnace after a drinking session that lasted for several days. The “delirious” grandfather claimed he had “seen the devil” in the toddler, prompting him to snatch the toddler from his wife and force her out of the house. The unnamed boy from Omsk, Russia, was rescued from the oven by the wife and a neighbour after they heard him screaming.

But the toddler has been left in a “grave” condition having suffered 50 percent burns to his body.

Local media reports the boy is in a coma and currently surviving on breathing apparatus.

Omsk regional health department spokesperson Svetlana Ospennikov said: “The little patient is in intensive care now.

“He is in a grave condition. It is too early to make any forecasts.

“When we deal with such burns it is impossible to understand his condition.

‘Doctors are currently doing everything to ease the child’s suffering.”

Omsk Police confirmed the man “pushed the child into the scalding oven with the purpose killing him”.

A police source said: “The suspect was detained in the state of strong alcoholic intoxication.

“He had been driving for several days and most likely his brain was affected.

“He did not give any other reason.”

Meanwhile, a paramedic said: “We managed to bring the child out alive. It is such a terrifying story. This is like something the Gestapo would do.”

The news follows a similar incident in January, when an 11-month-old baby died after being placed in an oven by her grandfather.

Police say Maxim Sagalakov was left by his mother Viktoria, 20, in the care of her parents in the Khakassia region.

But when she returned home she found the burnt remains of her daughter in the family’s stove.

A statement from the regional investigative said: “The grandparents were drunk and killed the baby.”

“A family member found the body of the boy badly damaged by the high temperature inside the stove.”



Source link

About the Author