Published On: Sun, Oct 25th, 2020

Royal bombshell: Meghan and Harry exit ‘suits William and Kate’ claims expert | Royal | News

Share This
Tags


Robert Lacey, the author behind royal investigative book Battle of Brothers, has said the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge may be benefitting from not having the competition that Harry and Meghan used to provide. It comes amid speculation Harry and Meghan could temporarily return to the UK this year to quarantine ahead of a legal case involving the Mail on Sunday in January.

Mr Lacey also addressed the ‘rift’ between Prince William and Prince Harry, following reports earlier in the year the two brothers were not on good terms following the Sussexes’ departure from the UK.

Harry and Meghan stepped down from their senior royal roles in March.

The royal expert has now said he believes the current situation “actually suits William and Kate quite well”.

In addition, both he and Kate recently appeared in a video call in which they played a game of Pictionary with schoolchildren in Pakistan.

Harry and Meghan, meanwhile, have focussed on speaking out about personal issues they face such as online negativity.

To this end, they both appeared in an interview for the Teenager Therapy podcast to mark World Mental Health day, in which Harry revealed he uses mediation to help cope with negative press and online abuse.

They have also been politically engaged – something royal family members tend to avoid – by urging US citizens to vote in the upcoming US election. They have not explicitly stated support for any particular party or candidate, however.

There are conflicting claims about when exactly the Duke and Duchess of Sussex could travel back to the UK.

The Sun reported this month royal aides have been instructed to prepare Frogmore Cottage, the Sussexes’ royal residence, for Prince Harry’s return – possibly “within weeks”.

However, Vanity Fair later cited sources close to the Duke as saying he “has no plans to travel back to the UK, certainly not before Christmas”.

The same report said the two would be returning after the festive period because of Meghan Markle’s High Court cases against the Mail on Sunday, due to start on January 11.



Source link

About the Author