Published On: Sat, Apr 27th, 2019

Boxing news: Luis Ortiz ‘P***** OFF’ at team for Anthony Joshua talks | Boxing | Sport

Share This
Tags


His promoter posted on Instagram this week ruling the fighter out of a clash with AJ on June 1.

Eddie Hearn offered the Cuban brute £3.8million to step into the ring at Madison Square Garden but it was considered a “low ball offer” from his manager Jay Jimenez.

Now his trainer Herman Caicedo has sensationally slammed Ortiz’s management, claiming that him and his fighter are furious with the way they handled talks for a world title shot.

“An opportunity like this to make whatever Eddie is offering – $7-8 million – you grab it,” Caicedo told Boxing Scene.

“I think it was a rookie mistake on their part to not accept the fight. Luis is still p***** off. He found out when everyone else found out.

“But having said that, Eddie offering it and then putting it in writing are two different things. I personally believe that we would’ve seen an upside-down contract just to stall and renegotiate.

“Most fighters won’t take a fight until they have a signed contract. There’s a lot of things you can do with a contract to not make a fight happen.”

He also claims that the Miami-based fighter has not stopped training since beating Christian Hammer in March, claiming he’d still be ready for June 1 to take on Anthony Joshua.

“So I’m reading that Luis was on ‘holiday’ (vacation), that Jay initially told Eddie that Luis wasn’t ready, which I don’t know he would,” Caicedo added.

“Unless a vacation for Luis means spending time in a different part of the gym, I don’t know where anyone got that information from. His kids are in school, where the hell is he gonna go by himself?

“The only time he took off is when I had to force him to take a stay-cation around Easter, when his kids had a break from school. Even then, he was still at the track every morning like he always is. He’s still jumping rope every day.

“He’s always training and he’s always ready for a fight. For Joshua, sure we’d love an 8-12 week camp, but we could get ready in five if the fight was signed today.”

Ortiz’s management claimed on Instagram earlier this week: “It’s a no go for June 1.

“Sorry guys we where told to stay as quite as possible and play possum until fight had been made because every-time someone called Luis out it would be a gimmick to promote them self but it still didn’t work.

“We just received news from promoter that it’s a no go and it was all a gimmick and Hearn’s low ball offers will not be accepted and no contract even ever got sent so sorry to all the loyal fans.

“Luis really wanted this title shot.”



Source link

About the Author