Texas Launches Investigation Into Sexual Abuse And Neglect At Border Facility

0 5

Texas Governor Greg Abbott (R) announced Wednesday that state officials will begin an investigation into charges of sexual abuse and other neglect at an immigration facility in San Antonio which is housing unaccompanied minors.

The Freeman Coliseum in San Antonio was set up as an emergency facility to house unaccompanied minors. Officials are investigating three separate incident reports of abuse.

Abbott has called for the federal government to close the facility in light of the allegations.

During a press conference on Wednesday, he said, “This facility is a health and safety nightmare. The Biden administration is now presiding over the abuse of children. To end this abuse, the Biden administration must immediately shut down this facility.”

Currently, the facility is housing roughly 1,300 individuals.

RELATED: New Conservative Poll: Most Americans Opposed To ‘Woke’ Major League Baseball And Corporations

Competing Stories Of The Reports Of Abuse

Bexar County Commissioner Rebeca Clay-Flores claims that she had visited the facility several times and saw the children being well cared for. 

Clay-Flores stated, “What I saw when I went in there on several occasions, it was well-staffed, the children are very happy and very excited to be here. This is not a political issue, this is about children who deserve protection from adults.” 

Gov. Abbott said that the claims were reported to the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services and also the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.

Abbott did not know the identities of the alleged assault victims nor did he provide any other details surrounding the matter. 

In addition to claims of sexual assault, there are reports that some children were not eating throughout the day, and that those that had tested positive for COVID-19 were not being separated from those that had tested negative, and that the facility is understaffed.

RELATED: Biden’s ATF Director Wants ‘Well Regulated’ Second Amendment

Biden Said He Would Reunite Migrant Families, No Reunions Yet

High on the list of Joe Biden campaign promises was to reunite immigrant families that had been separated under the Trump administration.

Senior Department of Homeland Security officials say that no such reunions have occurred, and blamed the Trump administration for “incomplete” information.

In February, Biden announced that a task force led by DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas would be charged with identifying all the families that had been separated.

RELATED: Former CNN Anchor Brooke Baldwin Criticizes Network On Her Way Out The Door

Border Crisis At Record Levels

In a report from the St. Louis Post Dispatch, the U.S. government picked up roughly 19,000 unaccompanied children coming across the U.S. border in March.

Officials say it is the largest number ever recorded.

According to the CBP, 18,890 children were picked up. The previous records were 11,475 in May 2019 and 10,620 in June of 2014. Some of the children traveling alone are as young as three.

President Biden appointed Vice President Kamala Harris to focus on the “root causes” of illegal immigration to the southern border.

Neither Biden or Harris has no immediate plans to visit the U.S. southern border.

Now is the time to support and share the sources you trust.
The Political Insider ranks #16 on Feedspot’s “Top 70 Conservative Political Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2021.”

Adsense

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.